Saturday, September 18, 2010

Climbing Broga Hills

Last Thursday, 16th Sept 2010, I woke up as early as 4.00am to get ready for a trip to Broga Hills. Hubward heard about the hill from his friend a few weeks ago and since then, we've been meaning to go there and climb the hills. I love outdoor activities and since I haven't got the chance to that alot lately, I've been looking forward for this one. :)


So, about around 5.00am we begin our drive to Broga Hills located somewhere in Semenyih. Please don't ask me for direction as I used Garmin to get there. ahahah....I love my Garmin. :D. All I know is, it's not that far from Nottingham University.

We arrive at the bottom of the hill trail at around 6.00am and there were already lots of cars parked at the area and most of them are Chinese (not the cars but the people in it...uhuhu). Maybe the malays are still in raya mood. So, we parked our car and then, we realised...it was still dark and we did not bring any torchlight. How stupid is that? Luckily, there was a group of people with torchlight right in front of us and we used it as our guide to climb up and I also used my hand-phone light (not that it's that bright).

The trail is not that challenging, but it was fun to be able to do it. It was slippery though and you need to wear the right kind of shoe or your feet and knee will suffer. We literally had to queue to get to the top as there were a lot of people climbing the 1.7km hill trail. I told you, it's not that challenging. There was even a few old folks climbing the hills. It's a good cardio exercise. :)

We reach the top at around 7.00am and it's just in time to see the sunrise. And the scenary was beautiful. Ouh...and on our way to the top there was this group of stupid asshole people who stopped and pop some fireworks. Maybe their brain haven't started working yet that early in the morning. Don't they think that everyone is gasping for air and our lungs is wide open as we are climbing the hills? The smoke from the fireworks nearly caused me to use my inhaler.


After the sun rised at around 7.30am....we begin our trip down the hill. It was nice to shed some sweat...and feels the cool morning air breeze on top of the hills. I will surely go there again. :)




Here are some tips if you want to go there:

1. Wear the right shoes. And I don't mean some Converse shoe. I mean a shoe that can grip the slippery soil, especially while you are going down. I saw few people wearing slippers...hmmmm
2. If you plan to go at dawn, remember...bring a torchlight.
3. There is no toilet up there, so make sure you do your "business" first before you climb up or you might just have to hold it. LOL
4. You may park your car in a palm oil estate for a minimal fee of RM2.00.


No comments: