Monday, March 26, 2012

The Hunger Games

The weekend was somewhat kind of slow for me. I didn't go anywhere on Saturday. In fact, I can't really remember what did I do on Saturday. One of the side effects of being pregnant. That nite I told hubward I am bored to death at home and he agreed to go to watch a movie on Sunday. Yay!! So after I did the laundry, painted one part of the baby cot and some other house chores, I waited for him to get back from his Sunday routine. Mountain bike riding. :P

As usual, I booked the tickets online to save time from queuing (I just love online facilities) and I chose 'The Hunger Games'. This time I forgot to ask hubward whether he wants to watch that particular movie or not and just simply book. hahahahahaha...absent minded again. He was like "What? Hunger Games? What movie is that?". :P

I chose 'The Hunger Games' because they say it will be as famous as The Twilight Saga and it is also based on a book series. Plus, they also said that the hero will become a phenomenon like Edward. If you know me, you would know I am the Queen of The Twilight Saga. ahahaha...it is written all over my blog. So, I really wanna see what is the fuss about 'The Hunger Games' and dragged hubward along.



What did I think about the movie? Well, first of all, you will need to read the book to actually understand what it is all about. If not, please put your full attention to the movie. I think it was a good movie and gives 7.5/10 marks for it. It has an interesting storyline but why do they call it 'The Hunger Games' because I don't see any of the contestant or 'tributes' as they call it in hunger. :P In fact, it is a brutal game created for people to kill each other and spectators to enjoy the outcome. Kind of a bit sick, don't you think? But then again, it is almost the same concept as Gladiator. Only one can survive from the arena. However, I just don't see any of the guys (Peeta or Gale) can be at the same level as Edward or Jacob from Twilight Saga. They are too far behind. Okay, I admit, Liam Hemsworth is kind of cute...but that is just it, cute. :P and errr...Josh Hutcherson...I don't know what to say. Well, maybe the girl character is more dominant but not the guys. Then again, that is just me. I just might grab the first book just to understand what is the story all about.





As for hubward, he came out from the cinema feeling frustrated with lots of questions.

1) Why are there 12 districts?
2) Why do they have to play that brutal game?
3) Who are those people who manage the game?
4) Why was the game even held?
5) Why those people from the rich place dress weird? ~ well to me they actually do. LOL

ahahahaha...and so many other 'why' that I can't answer. Pity him. Maybe, after I read the book, which am not sure when and if I read it, I can give him answers. LOL


I guess I will stop now because flu is attacking me. :( Until next time, CIAO!!


No comments: