Monday, November 11, 2013

A Day at KL Bird Park

I don't know why but at some point we have run out of ideas on where to spend our weekends. So mostly we end up going to The Curve which is 5 minutes away from our house doing some errands or just eat. Last Tuesday was a public holiday and I was thinking hard of where to bring Wildan and we finally decided to go to KL Bird Park.

We have been there once. Where I say there, it meant only the entrance. ahahah...and we went to eat at the nearby cafe called Hornbill Cafe. This time it is fun to enter since we have our 1 year old son to entertain. At this age he will probably be amazed at anything. I can see that he loves animals and not scared of them when he loves cats and dogs. Once he even chased a dog and tried to pet it. Thank God it was tame and walked away from Wildan. This time we went in after we had lunch at the cafe. The food was nice but my char keow teow was a bit burned.

Wildan was so happy when he saw birds flying everywhere and they are colorful too. I didn't really get the chance to learn their names/types coz I was busy making sure Wildan didn't fall as he was walking so fast and excitedly chasing the birds while pointing at it. But I can tell you that there are flamingo, canary (which also has various types), peacock, parrot, emu, ostrich and a whole lots of other birds species that I have never seen or heard of. Some of them are in cage..I guess those are the rare species as we are not even allowed to pet or feed them. Most of them are left wondering around freely in the park and you can feed them. They even provide you with the seeds. Wildan even asked me to take one of the bird out of the cage so he can play with it. ahahaha...there are 30 minutes bird shows at 12.30pm and 3.30pm but we didn't managed to catch it as it finished just as we arrived at the arena. It was a long walk. I underestimated the place. It is huge!!



I was surprised to see how big the place is. Who knew there is such a huge bird park in the middle of Kuala Lumpur. It is divided into 5 zones and yes we walked through all 5 zones. Each has its so called own partition and we didn't manage to explore further. My back was hurting from all those walks. Geez...talk about aging gracefully. Or is it because of the drugs they used during my c-sect. hmmm...I need to get my stamina back. I don't when will that be. sigh...I have become a lazy bum.


We walked for almost two hours inside the park. Can you believe it? Nonetheless, we had fun. You can also take pictures with the parrots as a certain fee. We didn't take any. Maybe next time when Wildan is bigger and able to appreciate then it would be a memorable thing for him.

I would recommend to anyone who haven't visited the place to go check it out. The entrance fee is RM25.00 per adult and RM12.00 for children below 12 years old. Wildan wasn't charged with any fee so you can ask the counter when you buy the tickets if you are bringing a toddler. I would advice you to bring your own snack and most importantly water (plenty) as a small mineral water cost RM4.00 each inside and within the area. That is kind of absurd to me. I bought a Redbull at RM5 per can and a normal Cornetto ice cream for RM4.00. I could have gotten a Magnum ice cream outside. uhuk...

That's it for today. Ciao!


No comments: