Thursday, February 21, 2013

Wildan the Little Big Eater


I have started Wildan with solid food since he was 6 months. Started with fruits puree and mashed/blend sweet potato. That is when I got to know there are so many colors of sweet potato. Like seriously...there's purple (or maybe they call it read), orange, white and I have seen green :P

Pumpkin Puree

Once he was okay with adapting to eating solid food, I later introduce him to rice porridge because he doesn't seems to be full just by eating fruits puree. I think he was about 7 months 3 weeks at that time. I love cooking for him because I love the way he smiles when I show him his food bowl. He will recognize it immediately and knows it's time to eat.

Porridge with carrot and spinach in his bowl. Yeah..it's pink because I can't find  other colors.


Some people say I am so rajin to do all this. I have few frens who does the same thing. I prefer to do it on my own at least until he is one year old. Why? Because the 1st year is his crucial years. If i cook myself, I would know what I have fed him with and from there I can monitor what is he allergic to, if any. So far he is okay with everything that I fed him. Alhamdulillah. His babysitter insisted that they cook for him and I don't need to hassle myself. One thing I don't want is, they put salt in the porridge because the porridge is also prepared for the older kids. She said she only put a little bit of salt like a pinch...but when I tasted it, it is too salty even for me. So, I would rather spend my time preparing for his food myself. I mean, what is there in making a porridge? You just put everything in a cooking bowl and cook it then blend it. Wallah! Everything is ready. I usually do this at night and then reheat before sending it to Wildan's nursery. So far, he likes what he eats and he is still on fully breast milk.

Wildan's daily food supplement to nursery
Uploaded the picture above to my social network and some friends says that that's a lot. Amazingly he manage to finish it. Before, I only give two packs of porridge but his babysitter said it is not enough and they have to give him their porridge, so I added one more pack. As for EBM, he normally consumed minimum 3 bottles (5oz each) to maximum of 5 bottles a day. He is there between 8am to 6pm. I guess he is just a little big eater but yet I don't see him getting chubbier. :P

Now, Wildan's porridge menu has rotatably included.....
  1. Carrot
  2. Pumpkin
  3. Broccoli
  4. Spinach
  5. Green Peas
  6. Sawi - don't know what it is called in English
  7. Celery
  8. Potato
  9. Fish
  10. Meat
  11. Chicken



                        
                    
There are a lot more things I want to try make for Wildan. Maybe soon I'll bake him homemade oat cookies and poached fruits as snacks for him. :) I hope he will grow teeth soon.




2 comments:

Diyanazman said...

Wah memang menarik wildan punya menu! dan mmg banyak wildan makan... seronok kan tgk anak berselera... i love cooking for Rafa too and he just started on rice and vege porridge. I will introduce him to animal protein when he is 8 mo years old. :)

happy cooking mummy!

Azlina Ilzdaf said...

Mmg seronok tgk dia berselera...lom sempat angkat sudu dan ngangah mulut nak lagi. Akak pon start animal protein masa 8mo.

You too! Happy cooking hot momma!! :)