Monday, January 7, 2013

I love breast feeding

When I got to know I am pregnant, I have set my mind that I am gonna fully breastfeed my baby. Now, he is 7.5months and I am still fully breastfeeding him. Someone asked whether I have mixed his diet with formula milk and when I said no, she said that I have lots of milk supply. Well, let me tell you something. I am one of those super ordinary mummy whom each pumping session will get about 4-6oz of expressed breast milk. To me that's not a lot coz I've seen other women who can pump up to 30oz per session. But Alhamdulillah...that is enough for Wildan. Determination is also a factor. I was determine not to mix with formula milk that I would pump 5 times a day instead of 3 times. Even woke up in the middle of the night to pump. There are times especially towards the end of the week where I have to send a fresh EBM to his nursery to make sure his supply is enough. I really don't mind....coz I love it.

Here is some of the reason why....

1) I love the way he looks at me when he is breast feeding. He's eyes are so cute
2) Now, at night, he will crawl to me and find the point himself and breast feed while laying on his stomach. How cute is that?!
3) I get to eat what ever I want as much as I want and still I don't gain any weight
4) My baby rarely get sick and if he does...it won't be for long
5) I don't have to pay for formula milk
6) My baby really bonds with me....that cute boy will call "Ma..." at night when he can't find me in bed.

I hope I can continue this journey until he is 2 years old. But right now...am trying to target 1 year old first. :)



No comments: