Monday, May 30, 2011

A Fun Filled Weekend!!

Last weekend was the fullest weekend ever! I went dancing and mountain bike riding. :)

Saturday
Woke up kind of early that morning considering that it is a weekend and did my usual routine. Later I woke hubward up as he promised to buy me a mountain bike that day. I was also excited for my first dance show. As soon as hubward woke up he browsed the internet to check the best bike that suits me best as I was getting ready to go out. eheheh...

We went out for lunch and later went to his usual bicycle shop in Klang. After much negotiation, finally I got my bike! yey!! Then, we had to go to Kepong for my full dress dance show rehearsal. It was fun and nerve-wrecking. The last time I performed on stage was a poco-poco dance for my company. The rehearsal went well but I can't say the same during the actually show. I was a bit nervous than I normally am and nearly tripped down during one of the routine. Luckily I managed to compose myself and finish the show. :P It was a fun nite and the funny thing is, I was the only Malay there.

Can you tell that I'm the only Malay there? :P

Later that nite, hubward asked whether I want to join him and his friends riding on DUKE highway. I was too tired to follow him (luckily I didn't. You'll need to read more if you wanna know why) so I stayed with the wives and hang out while watching American Idol repeat. We went back at 3.00am that nite (or should I say morning).


Sunday
I should have gone to my dance class at 9.00am but since we only arrived home at 3.00am, I couldn't open my eyes. Woke up almost noon...eheheh...and was eager to go for my first bike ride in FRIM. I haven't been to FRIM for the longest time ever and I was so shocked to know the fees we need to pay just to enter. One car: RM4.00, Per head: RM1.00 and per bicycle : RM2.00. So total we have to pay was RM10.00. That is so beyond ridiculous!

After we had our lunch, we paid the ridiculous fees, went in to park our car and prepared for our bike ride. It was exciting and hubward brought me through quite a up hill route. For a beginner, it was a bit challenging but I wasn't going to give up. So I followed him. However, as we reach about quater of the hill (1km up the hill), I can't feel my legs and I literally see stars. :P. Hubward panicked. He was so sweet and I felt the urge to comfort him but I was too busy trying to breath and making sure blood flows through my body. My hands felt numb. A few joggers stopped to help my hubward who was panicking. A lady even offered to take her car and bring me to clinic. Since this is not the first time I had this incident (as in almost fainting), I told her no thank you coz I just need awhile to recover. After 15 minutes, I regain my full contiousness and hubward had already brought our car with the help the security personel.

Hubward was so concern, we didn't continue our session and only continue at home. Now, I will need to gain my stamina first before going up hill again. 10 - 15 laps a day for 2 weeks around the park near my house should be fairly enough for me to slowly get there. :)



I think bicycle riding is the easiest and most fun way to get fit coz I am lazy to jog. :P

Gonna stop here. Until next time! Ciao!



No comments: